The purpose of the WINIFRED STUART MANKOWSKI FOUNDATION is to promote an enlightened sense of progress during the advancing years for Christian Scientists of retirement age. Mrs. Mankowski’s loving provision has benefited Christian Science nurses and Christian Science practitioners since 1955. Those who have had their cards carried in The Christian Science Journal for at least ten years, who meet the requirements, and who have a demonstrable financial need, qualify for application.
Listed in The Christian Science Journal for at least 10 years as a:
- Christian Science practitioner (CSP) or Christian Science nurse (CSN)
Be of retirement age (over 55) and be completely or partially retired:
- Partially retired CSPs may mean different levels of practice for everyone
- Partially retired CSNs is defined as two days a week, or no more than 104 days a year
Demonstrable financial need:
- THE MANKOWSKI HOMES’ Applicants: Monthly income is not to exceed $5,600 for individuals ($6,400 for couples and both must be Christian Scientists)
- In the case of couples, the spouse will also need to qualify financially
Able to live independently:
- Able to care for all your own needs: cooking, cleaning, finances, etc.
Participation in the local Christian Science movement
- Active member of The Mother Church and a local branch church
Live in harmony with others:
- Proven peaceful harmonious temperament, able to interact cheerfully with neighbors and staff, and demonstrate a spirit of mutual helpfulness
Supportive of an atmosphere of “quiet comfort and dignity” as requested by Mrs. Mankowski
THE MANKOWSKI HOMES’ Applicants: If either an (adult) cat or dog will be part of the household, agree to MANKOWSKI HOMES PET POLICY terms and pay a $1,000 refundable damage deposit.
Live in accord with Mrs. Mankowski’s Will as summarized above and displayed in full on the website Founder page
Please note: Due to the restrictions associated with current United States immigration laws, it is not always possible for qualified applicants, who are not United States citizens, to gain permanent resident visas, and so live at THE MANKOWSKI HOMES located in Azusa, California, U.S.A. However, THE WINIFRED STUART MANKOWSKI FOUNDATION has adopted a means for bringing financial support, primarily in the form of housing assistance for those living outside the United States.