The purpose of the WINIFRED STUART MANKOWSKI FOUNDATION is to promote an enlightened sense of progress during the advancing years for Christian Scientists of retirement age. Mrs. Mankowski’s loving provision has benefited Christian Science nurses and Christian Science practitioners since 1955. THE WINIFRED STUART MANKOWSKI FOUNDATION has adopted a means for bringing financial support, primarily in the form of housing assistance, for those living outside the United States.
Listed in The Christian Science Journal for at least 10 years as a:
- Christian Science practitioner (CSP) or Christian Science nurse (CSN)
Be of retirement age (over 55) and be completely or partially retired
Demonstrable financial need:
- Based on income, assets, and cost of living expenses
- In the case of couples, please combine spouse income and assets on the application
Able to live independently:
- Able to care for all your own needs: cooking, cleaning, finances, etc.
Participation in the local Christian Science movement
- Active member of The Mother Church and a local branch church
Live in harmony with others:
- Proven peaceful harmonious temperament and able to interact cheerfully with neighbors
Supportive of an atmosphere of “quiet comfort and dignity” as requested by Mrs. Mankowski
Live in accord with Mrs. Mankowski’s Will as summarized above and displayed in full on the website Founder page